Probably one of, if not the most, divisive brand that Peachy Keen stocks. We hear a lot of “Are you cashing in on the movies while you still can?”, “Is it like canes and whips and stuff?” “Ooooh Kinky” As much I would love to say we were jumping on the Fifty Shades bandwagon to make ourselves millionaires, that’s not the case. Although I would totally call my mansion ‘Jiggle Balls’ if this were to happen.
The fact is, The Fifty Shades Toys are actually really good and they are capable of standing on their own two feet. They range from gimmicks from the film (We’re looking at you Christian’s tie!) and softcore toys to the full wack (Excuse the pun) bondage toys. They use good quality materials and they are priced nicely too. In someways I feel the association with the books and films tarnishes them a little bit if anything. Anyways, let’s have a bit of background on the company:
How did Fifty Shades of Grey Toys start?
The Fifty Shades of Grey book series has sold over 125 million copies worldwide and has been translated countless times so it makes sense that like with any successful franchise, merchandise will follow on but it just so happens this merchandise is sex toys.
The group of around 60 toys is called ‘Fifty Shades of Grey The Official Pleasure Collection’ and it was designed and made in collaboration with E.L.James. How closely she was involved I do not know but she has been quoted as saying “I’m so excited that the toys that I described in the books have come to life.”
What are your brand bestsellers of the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey The Official Pleasure Collection’?
Peachy Keen currently stocks around 20 of these products. Ranging from £11.99 to £69.99. Our bestsellers are:
Pros of Fifty Shades of Grey Toys
- They have a very extensive range of toys – one or two of everything – so it’s a great brand for browsing and for beginners.
- They only use quality materials. The majority of their toys are silicone.
- Each toy comes with a storage bag and a manual.
Cons of Fifty Shades of Grey Toys
- If buying as a gift for someone who doesn’t know the brand, the person might run a mile when they see Fifty Shades written on it.
- Each product has a ‘code name’ such as ‘yours and mine’ or ‘relentless vibrations’. These aren’t so bad but ones like ‘inner goddess’ and ‘greedy girl’ make me feel a bit weird.
All in all, these are without a doubt the best things to come out of the Fifty Shades of Grey Triology, these toys will keep you going when the story has finished. Browse our range of Fifty Shades of Grey toys.
Sign up to the Peachy Keen Newsletter for 10% off your order.